Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Informational Picture Books

This year I decided to have my students create picture books rather than have them write informational essays.  I assigned several classes different topics.  My first period collaborated with fifth grade students in Wales who were reading about the Stuarts. So my students researched topics from the Stuart era and created picture books they shared with their little Welsh buddies.  My second period created picture book about different punctuation marks that we would like to share with the students in Brazil and my seventh period created picture books on topics from their Biology class.  The rest of my classes chose a topic they were interested in and created an Alphabet Book about that topic.

Here is a link to my class webpage where we have posted the picture book files:

Picture Books 

You'll need to scroll down to see the file called "Picture Books"

Students working on their picture books







No comments: