Friday, July 19, 2013

Fortunately I was able to visit many parts of Brazil


For one of our classes at CCL we had the students read the first part of the Fortunately story. Then we had the students finish the story, using the same pattern.  To summarize my last few days in Brazil, I wrote my own Fortunately story.  Erica, Liza and I went to Iguassu Falls and Rio.  Below is the original story starter and then my own story. 

Fortunately

Fortunately, Ned was invited to a surprise party.
Unfortunately, the party was a thousand miles away.
Fortunately, a friend loaned Ned an airplane.
Unfortunately, the motor exploded.
Fortunately, there was a parachute in the airplane.
Unfortunately, there was a hole in the parachute.

My Story


Unfortunately I booked my flight from Salvador to Iguassu on two different airlines, which required me to check my bags again in Rio.

Fortunately Erica’s flights were around the same time so we could help each other.

Unfortunately I only had two hours between flights to re-check my luggage and get on a new flight.

Fortunately I was the second person off the plane in Rio and re-checked my bags in under a half hour!

Unfortunately I had just spent the last two hours on a plane sitting next to a creepy guy who kept inviting me to stay at his house in Rio.

Fortunately I sat by great people on the flight to Iguassu.

Unfortunately it was dark when we arrived to Iguassu and we couldn’t really see anything.

Fortunately we had a great hotel that was lots of fun.

Unfortunately it was really rainy the next day.

Fortunately we were going to get wet by the falls anyways.

Unfortunately there were loads of bugs!

Fortunately they preferred Erica

Unfortunately I am really scared of water

Fortunately we had safe seats on the boat ride and Erica and Liza watched out for me

Unfortunately the gift shop at Iguassu was closed

Fortunately the gift shop at the hotel was open.

Unfortunately the next morning we had to wait forever for a taxi

Fortunately the airport was only a few blocks away

Unfortunately it was cloudy in Rio

Fortunately we found a great place to watch Brazil win the FIFA Confederation Cup

Unfortunately the next day was just as rainy and cloudy when we went up Sugar Loaf

Fortunately we also toured a Favela, which was amazingly insightful

Unfortunately they were fumigating the hotel room next to ours and it smelled awful

Fortunately we left the hotel and had a great time at Christ the Redeemer

Unfortunately it became very crowded there

Fortunately Liza got to dance with an attractive Samba musician on the train!

Unfortunately we had another day that was really rainy

Fortunately we spent it at a cool art museum

Unfortunately Liza led us down a dodgy part of town

Fortunately she knew right where she was going and we ended up at the Escadaria Selaron (Tiled Stairs).

Unfortunately our time in Rio was coming to an end

Fortunately we spent our last night at a Samba club and our next morning on the beach

Unfortunately I had to leave one of the most amazing places I have ever been to visit

Fortunately I have made new friends who I look forward to talking with and visiting in the future

Sugar Loaf!

Watching the soccer game

Christ the Redeemer

Samba night!





The beach in Rio

The Tiled Stairs with a Texas tile!




There were lots of tiles for Utah!

Iguassu Falls!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing adventure. I want to go next time!