Thursday, July 18, 2013

What I will miss

The things I will miss most ….


·      Debriefing with Erica each day over a Guarana Zero and a Montana carmel
·      Learning new Portuguese words and phrases
·      Trying new foods
·      Finding similarities between all the different places I’ve seen
·      The incredible acceptance of Brazilians and their lack of fear of performing in front of others
·      The different fruit we don’t have in Utah and drinking different suco.
·      The thick and tropical trees
·      Tapioca pancakes
·      The warm and strong ocean
·      Refreshing enthusiasm of the students
·      Learning the history of all the places we visited
·      Brasil’s sobremessa!!!
·      Air containing humidity (I live in a desert!)
·      The staff at Hotel Pio
·      How everyone gathers outside their houses in the evening to socialize
·      Guarana Zero
·      Watching a soccer game surrounded by energetic Brazilians
·      TAM airlines candy that is given out before you take off
·      And most especially, all the people I met and call my friends. 



Brazilian food is Massa!

Watching Brazil win the FIFA confederation cup!!!

BBQ Cheese...yum!

Samba!

Brazilian students are amazing!

Mario loves Little Miss English and she loves him too!

Forro!

Alex eating school lunch

Two students from the language school in Parnaiba.  They were both LDS and were excited for me to tell them about Utah.

The Delta!

Suco


Showing students the carbon fiber samples for Hexcel.



Brazilian rock stars! (Alex included)

I learned how to give five Brazilian style

A fantastic team!


The ice cream...oh how I miss you already!!!

I feel so blessed to have been partnered with Erica. She is an amazing teacher and a dear friend!


Ate logo!

No comments: